• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 aubrynmls

aubrynmls

Fembot

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:37 AM

I find getting groups together to be a pain in the ass. Haven't had the chance to do an instance yet. Hopefully the stone things they are putting in will help. Soloing is boring as hell after like 30 or 40 mins.
"New watch?"
"Yeah, dual time zones, tells the time in two cities."
"What for?"
"So if I'm in L.A. and I wanna know the time in New York, I don't have to go through the anguish of adding three."

#22 Valsuvious

Valsuvious

Taking it in the rear. One day at a time.

• CT Member
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:38 AM

so it's no different than eq then =p

#23 Haylo

Haylo

1-800-BIG-HEAL

• CT Member
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:26 PM

Well i'm still having tons of fun and I can see the game lasting for a while. I don't agree that there is nothing to do. Yea for those people who feel the need to rush through content, I guess there isn't much to do. But I'm only lvl 33 and I play everyday, I just don't push the limits. Also end content has not even been touched. No one has beaten Onyxia or that Rag guy, and they are just the tip of the raid stuff. Battlergrounds are in the patch after this next one, so who knows what dimension that will bring. I imagine that hero classes will also take some time to get maxed out etc. Overall I don't regret the purchase and I won't regret playing. I wasn't looking for another life consumer like EQ, and WoW is exactly what I want.

#24 Jesilynn

Jesilynn
  • CT Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:36 PM

Agree with Tiff completely.

WoW is a different environment than EQ for sure, but for me that's exactly what i wanted. Logging into EQ was making me want to gouge my eyes out every day. The game was just no fun, except those rare moments that were comming fewer and farther between.

I have faith in blizzard. They wont dissapoint... much like EQ, this game will never be finished... it's constantly in developement and this is just the begining.

I'm enjoying playing a game that doesn't require you to put your life on hold, to succeed in it.

#25 Kwanlei

Kwanlei

Kung Fu

• CT Member
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:47 AM

I agree with Tiff and Jes here. I like the ability to log in and feel like I am accomplishing something, either questing or working on tradeskills. I am currently in Stranglethorn Vale and there are a ton of quests to run around and keep me occupied. Not to mention collecting 30million tusks for a warrior quest I am working on.. QQ.

#26 Jesilynn

Jesilynn
  • CT Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:59 PM

I just found stranglethorn the other day and omg yah, it's perfect place to quest from like 32 to 40. Sooooo many quests there. And im cheering for the fact that i haven't seen the dreaded words (elite) next to any of em yet haha so i can solo np.

#27 Yaxa

Yaxa
  • Guests
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:10 PM

At what level do the quests change from delivery and kill x mobs to something more complex? Ama and I are 12 right now (Undead), and so far all quests have been extremely simple (although not always easy.. stupid fast spawning mobs ><).

#28 Spyder AK

Spyder AK

John Potter

• CT Member
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:37 PM

I am going to be getting WoW finally, just as soon the only place in Juneau to buy it gets some more copies in, QQ. Damn landlocked city combined with christmas shopping.

I'm going to be playing on Destromath with Zulzk and Amnarak I am pretty sure.

Damn I wish I would have bought this when it came out.
[65 Deceiver] Spyderak (Halfling) Crimson Tempest ZONE: pocak

Retired Cak.

#29 Kwanlei

Kwanlei

Kung Fu

• CT Member
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:17 PM

You will probably see the change at around the mid 20s where the quests ask for more then just kill, x, collect x.

#30 Metranon

Metranon
  • CT Member
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:43 PM

Also note that quests are pretty poor xp compared to just grinding mobs, ask anyone who is level 60 now and they's tell you, they didnt get most of the xp from quests.

once i got to 37 and started doing scarlet monastery, i stopped spending msot of my time doing quests and started spending it farming instances repeatedly for blue items and stuff to sell for cash...luckily instances are pretty entertaining and fast paced, so farming the same one 10 times in a row doesnt get too numbing.

only elite quests have decent rewards really once you get up above 30, rest are hardly worth your time unless you just want to do them for fun or you want reptutation points...quest gear from non elite quests starts to pale in comparison to elite ones, instance gear, and what you can buy at the auction house.
Impressario Metranon Metranome
Retired Bard and devils advocate

#31 Globin Shade

Globin Shade

CT fanboi #1

• CT Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:53 PM

"

Group: Retired
Member No.: 13

Also note that quests are pretty poor xp compared to just grinding mobs, ask anyone who is level 60 now and they's tell you, they didnt get most of the xp from quests. "

I get probably 1/3 of my XP fromn quests. If your not getting at least that much you are not moving around enough. ALso get very good gear from quests, although right now only 2-3 peices of my gear is quested, the rest drops of boss mobs (I spend a lot of time doing instances)
I can vote!

#32 Judex

Judex
  • CT Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:15 PM

As a warrior I can't grind very quickly so quest are a godsend. EVERY class I duo with can kill mobs faster then me. And I have an awesome 2 hander. I can kill mobs 1-2 levels lower then me fairly quickly but I see Hunters soloing mobs 3 levels higher then them all the time. I am over caring at this point as I am 58th level. I know my purpose, SUCK UP THE DAMAGE AND HOLD AGGRO.

My first alt is a Hunter though hehe.
<CENTER>
Posted Image

#33 Globin Shade

Globin Shade

CT fanboi #1

• CT Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

Do you want to solo or be worth a damn? Hunters can solo normal mobs very well but they are the last class I want with me in most instances. It's all about what you want to do.
I can vote!