Tint / Dye Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stanger

Stanger
  • CT Member
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:28 PM

I don't know if everyone is experiencing some different / weird things visually with your armor colors ever since they updated the Engine for the game... but first of all I noticed on Stanger and on my wizard the chest area of character's bodies appears to be almost sort of foggier or lighter I guess than the rest of the areas. So for me this makes everyone around me look like their armor is all dyed how it always was, but their upper chest region looks brighter than the rest, like the same color basically, but lighter...

Anyways though, the other thing is on my gnome wizard I use the old world character models, because I hate how the Luclin Model Gnomes look. I didn't pinpoint exactly when this happened, because I hadn't logged on her in a few weeks, but I think after the Engine Update now her chest slot dye colors do not appear. The robe she is wearing just looks like its default color, but when I go into the dye option it shows that the robe is dyed the blue color that I always had it. I turned on the new gnome models to test it and then her robe appears to be the right color, but when I go back to the old world models her robe looks like the default color again, I even tried redying it... this was also when I noticed even more so that the upper chest area (like from the waist up to the shoulders) on all models appears to be foggy or lighter.... On another note, I tried changing colors of her other armor slots and those slots changed colors and appeared to be the color that I specified without any trouble, so I think the problem is just restricted to the chest slot. (if so, this may all be linked with the first paragraph shit)

So... I was looking through my EQ Client for the hell of it, and just wanted to ask if these things would possibly have anything to do with it, and if I should mess with them...

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE (I forget what use it has)

LoadArmor17=FALSE
LoadArmor18=FALSE
LoadArmor19=FALSE
LoadArmor20=FALSE
LoadArmor21=FALSE
LoadArmor22=FALSE
LoadArmor23=FALSE (....????.... any of these?)

or if there's anything else in EQ Client someone thinks I should mess with to try to fix it....... so if anyone has any suggestions on how to possibly fix this stuff please tell, or if it's issues that most are having due to the Engine Update then nm guess I gotta wait till they patch the various bugs...

And as for horses, just a question really...

Are most people having the issues with horses where once you get up to a running speed the first person camera view zooms out a little bit causing you to see the inside of your head and parts of the back of your body, basically making it damn near impossible to see where you're going? I've done feedback on this one like 500 times...

Also, is anyone besides me having some weird warping bug type thing whenever you summon a horse? This has been happening to me more and more recently in an array of different zones across various continents. Basically right as the horse is summoned it makes it appear on my screen as if I have been warped to an area different than where I was standing, and normally it looks like I'm sorta stuck in a wall to, but then once I start moving around some it normally warps back to where I was when I summoned the horse. This warping shit also is happening to me if I zone while on a horse, I zoned from EC to Freeport and like instead of zoning in on the outskirts of the newbie area, I like zoned in on top of / inside of one of the city walls somewhere...it's so weird... anyways, I hope more than just me are having shit like this, so it's something that will probably be fixed in a patch...

Stanger Mang

Posted Image

#2 Yaxa

Yaxa
  • Guests
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

Highlights on new models... broken atm, seems to have something to do with dynamic lights adding because when you're alone it looks fine and once too many people (assuming with light sources) around you it starts looking messed up.

Tinting on old models... broken as well, doesn't work at all, for anyone, don't bother buying new dyes, it just doesn't work.

Horses... DX9 clipping problem. I assume this will be fixed along with the horse speed issues.

LoadArmorXX is for Velious textures for the old models. There aren't any robe textures for the old models besides the ones added in the classic era so this has nothing to do with robe tinting.

#3 Stanger

Stanger
  • CT Member
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:43 PM

Well I'm glad all that stuff is a massive problem and not just my crappy video card, hopefully it will all be fixed soon. I pretty much do a feedback on each of those things like everyday. I want my gnomes blue robe look back, makes me cry having to play with a black robe

Stanger Mang

Posted Image

#4 Caladore Buhbong

Caladore Buhbong
  • CT Member
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

Crappy vid card... you just... won... one... at ... FF...

STFU =P

#5 Yaxa

Yaxa
  • Guests
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

Spamming them with feedbacks on the same issue isn't going to get it done faster.

And I would assume that something as trivial as tinting on the old models is pretty low on the to-do list.

#6 Stanger

Stanger
  • CT Member
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:40 PM

Crappy vid card... you just... won... one... at ... FF...

STFU =P

I... don't... have... AGP... slots... so I have to... sell it!

STFU :)

Spamming them with feedback is fun

Stanger Mang

Posted Image